Friday 15 March 2013

The Retreat

It was a cracker weekend and family beckoned. Unfortunately I don't get to see my family as much as I would like. The tyranny of work and distance makes it too few visits too few times. But - with the Gods smiling on me and the planets aligned I packed the panniers and headed of for a 600km round trip double time. My brothers place first - The Retreat - for a BBQ and then mum and dads. I hadnt been to the Retreat before so at Kurri Kurri I had to make a quick stop to get directions - the shortcut lol. Should have known better but it was scenic. The stretch of dirt gave me a small amount of excitement when i hit that at a 100 clicks unawares but the bike handled it with aplomp giving a little wiggle as if to say u dickhead. When i arrived i had a well deserved drink or two which of course stuffed my plans to head to mum and dads that night. The kids loved the bike and Simone couldn't wait to get on it. A great night was had and somehow or other my brother managed to subscribe me to a premium message service but that's another story regarding that evil shit American Honey - yes bro I'm gonna tell everyone. The next morning it was soon time to say farewell and have breakfast with m&d and then head back home. This time through the middle of Sydney - bad move - through the national park following the coast back home. All in all it was great adventure and so far the longest trip I've done with the bike performing flawlessly. Fuel economy is around the 3.2l/100km. Not sure if this is good but I'm happy.











No comments:

Post a Comment